Sudio Regent Headphones Review*

By Unknown - 19:33

It might shock you to visit my blog and find I'm taking a moments breath to talk about something other than Peru (fear not, there's still more posts to come on that!), but it's true. Once again I've had the absolute pleasure of supporting a brand I've come to love over the years. Sudio kindly sent me a pair of their Regent Headphones and after experiencing the exemplary sound quality of their Sudio Tre earphones I was desperate to try out the headphone version from their wireless selection. 
I wasn't home when my parcel arrived but my partner collected it from the neighbours and by the time I had finished work, the box lay open on the sofa and my boyfriend was eerily silent and there I found him, relaxing in his desk chair, with the Regent headphones royally placed upon his head. In that moment, he looked like the happiest man on the planet, and since that moment, I've had to battle him for an opportunity to share the glory of these headphones. 
I was apprehensive at first because I'm a loyalist to earphones and I've always found them somewhat more comfortable, but anything wireless immediately suits me better and once I finally had the chance to give them a test run (my boyfriend fortunately hadn't taken them to work with him!), I was so pleased with the quality and surprised by how light they were!

I've never claimed to be all knowing in regards to the specs of headphones and earphones, but you can view a shortened version of the detail below or on Sudio's website, all I know is that my music plays clearer than any headphones I've used so the sound quality is fantastic and, they just look so good. 

Specs:
Weight: 177g
Range: 10 metres
Battery time: 24+ hours (active), 20 days (standby)
Charging time: 10 minutes quick charge, 120 minutes full charge

Drive:
Type: 50mm Dynamic Speaker
Sensitivity: 105 db SPL @ 1kHz
Impedance: 47 Ohm @ 1kHz
Frequency Response: 18 Hz - 22 kHz

Published by Sudio. 

If you want to find out more about the above, maybe check out this website as it explains all of this in more detail!
Personally for me, the headphones begin to become uncomfortable after an hours use but my partner begs to differ, having worn them for much longer gym sessions and whilst watching the TV at times too. I suspect my discomfort may relate to the fact my ears genuinely stick out quite far and the compression causes some sensitivity, but despite that, it certainly doesn't put me off using them. I carry my Tre earphones with me for daily use as they are compact, but, alongside use at the gym, the Regent headphones have become an essential part of my evening yoga sessions. Whilst my Tre earphones stand the test of weights and cardio, going upside down often throws them off balance, but comparatively the Regent headphones stay put no matter my angle.
When I first tried out the Regent headphones I was a little put off by the output of the noise - one of the things I always wish to avoid when choosing my head/ear phones is being that person on public transport with earphones that do not reverse the noise cancellation they provide i.e they don't force my music onto others around me whilst leaving me blissfully unaware. Before I put the Regent headphones on, the sound booming from them seemed as though once it would be upon my head it wouldn't cease to blare out music into the world around me, however, I was pleasantly surprised by how well these hold in the music for your ears only.
The headphone caps are also interchangeable and you can buy different covers on Sudio's website - the above are a set of caps I was sent with a marble affect - you can view these here. A sample of other versions can be viewed in the below or found by following the link above:
Screenshot from Sudio
Whilst the caps do retail a little higher than I expected, the designs are beautiful.

In general, as with all their products I've reviewed, I love the quality and design of Sudio's collection and highly recommend their product. I use my earphones on a daily basis and my partner now also takes whatever chance he can get to use the Regent Headphones. Personally, he finds these perfect for the gym as he doesn't have to worry about wires when weight lifting or doing cardio. The convenience of bluetooth headphones and earphones is absolutely why I'll never go back to anything with wires!

If you love the look of Sudio's collection and are seeking out a new pair of headphones, why not treat yourself - there's also a cheeky 15% off if you use code MISSISGOODE15. Enjoy! 
MissIsGoode
*I was sent a pair of Sudio Regent Headphones in return for an honest review. All words are my own unless stated otherwise. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥