Taking My Blog in a New Direction

By Unknown - 18:37

I've been blogging on and off for just over five years now. I started my blog just before heading off to university and in the run up I had so much going on in my life that blogging was a daily hobby because I had so much to talk about. It's dwindled down over the years but I still have some love for it in my heart. I love writing but of course my original theme of student life has been left behind and rightly so, because I myself have left student life behind (a little reluctantly, I might add). 

I wasn't sure where I was taking this blog post-graduation. My initial few posts after I graduated felt very melancholy. I kept blogging for a short while until I started working and my topics to blog about quickly dwindled. I used to be an advice blog, but student life quickly changes so my experience becomes less and less relevant. 

I did want to continue to blog about student and graduate life, and perhaps I still will, but after my experiences in 2017 the direction I now feel my blog suits most is travel. I've not travelled much in my life but last year alone I quadrupled the amount of flights I'd taken in my life in the space of 3 months (from 2 to 12, if you were curious!). The travelling I've done this year has made me realise the way for me to stand out is to blog about my experiences travelling. My life experiences working are still unique in many instances, but hardly something to write home about, let alone blog about. 

I feel writing about travel, whether abroad or in the UK, best suits me. It takes off the pressure I put on myself to blog all the time. I'll still write about whatever I feel like, but I'd love to work towards travel being my main focus.

So if you're a travel blogger, feel free to give me tips and recommendations on where to go! If you blog about anything else, I bet you've also got some amazing experiences under your hat or on your blog, so do share!

Here's to getting my blogging mojo back. To celebrate, here's a few photos from my Summer of travelling...
Passing over Lake Titicaca, Bolivia 
Machu Picchu
Lake Titicaca, Puno
Amsterdam
Amsterdam 
Villefranche-Sur-Mer
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat after a stormy evening
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
The Sacred Valley, Cusco
Dead Woman's Pass, The Inca Trail
I'd say this year has been one of the most incredible years of my life. I've seen more of the wold than I could have hoped, and I only travelled to three countries. I'm not sure 2018 will be as jam packed (I've got a house to save for after all), but even one holiday will add to the incredible memories of 2017.

All my blog posts reflecting on this years travels will be coming up, but if you can't wait for the future posts take a look at my Amazon Rainforest series, here.
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥