Getting to Know Me

By Unknown - 18:29

I recently realised that my blog is almost six years old and I was shocked. I've not devoted as much attention to it in recent years as I did when I was at university, but to have kept it going nonetheless for six long years has actually surprised me, even though I'm the one behind it! I did lots of getting to know me related posts when I first started the blog, but since then many of the people I followed and talked to a lot have disappeared from the blogging scene. So, as many of my current followers, and some new (welcome!), may know very little about me, I thought I'd do a quick facts about me post...

Facts about where I'm from, where I've lived and where I am now...
- I grew up in Gloucestershire until the age of 7 and was born in my own home
- My family and I moved down to Cornwall in 2001
- My first house in Cornwall was in the middle of nowhere in a converted barn
- My second home in Cornwall, and still the house my parents live in to this date, is a house in a small fishing village called Porthleven (it's been in the news a few times now!)
Back in Cornwall my parents house is a short stroll from the beach, bliss. 
- I moved to Stoke on Trent when I was 18 to attend Keele University and lived on campus for one year before moving off campus, to Newcastle Under Lyme, for my final two
- I moved to Nottingham to live with my partner three years ago, almost two of which I spent living with him and his parents, and for the past year or so we've been renting our own little place
- I still very much consider Cornwall as home but have slowly come to consider Nottinghamshire on equals (not in beauty though...)

Facts about my interests...
- As you'll know from the fact that you're reading this, one of my interests is blogging! Overtime my interest has lessoned as I've become more private and my life has become a lot more dull but I still really enjoy writing and developing my blog
- I love reading and have a degree in Literature. I have a book journal where I have my own little reviews and I set myself reading challenges for the year
Me and my friends, Jen & Sara, at our graduation 
- I enjoy going to the gym where I mainly do weights
- I love hiking around the UK and have done some hikes abroad - last year we did the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (4 days hiking) and I've recently come back from the Tour of Mont Blanc (10 days hiking)
Michael and I arriving at the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu 
Me on our 9th day of hiking Tour Du Mont Blanc! 
Facts about what I'm learning...
- I'm a bit lazy but I do also love to learn and gain new skills
- I'm in the process of trying to become fluent in French. Having just come back from a holiday in France I've realised I need to work a bit harder!
- I have an ambition to start learning sign language as I think it's incredible
- I'd love to start climbing once we've recovered properly from our holiday
Facts about what I want to do with my life...
- So, I have a book with all things big and small that I want to achieve. It's up to over 400 things now from something as small as 'read such and such book' to 'travel to such and such city/country' etc, or 'buy my first car' and 'become a homeowner'. It's probably a little intense for some people but I find it helps me keep on track with achievements, both those that seem easy and those that will be tough
- I'm looking to become a homeowner in the next year
- I'm also hoping to have at least two dogs, because dogs are life 
- I'd like to get a lot of travelling in too, I love to see new places and explore 

So, there you have it - a few facts about me! If you have any tips on how to learn French fluently, or sign language for that matter, or any amazing locations that you'd recommend travelling to, especially hiking ones, then let me know in the comments below!
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved learning more about you! I have a degree in literature too!!

    www.theemeralddove.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I realised I rarely post real personal posts anymore, and it felt quite nice to! I can't say I've put mine to use, but I'm very proud to have it :)!

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥