Finishing First Year

By Unknown - 14:14

Last Monday I finished my first year at university. It's insane how fast it's gone and in all honesty, whilst I have had an amazing time, I think I let myself down a bit.

I don't regret any of my first year of course, because I don't believe regrets are worth a single thing. But, whilst I absorbed myself in the nightlife of Uni, that I'm not used to back at home in Cornwall, I didn't indulge myself in all that Uni has to offer. Universities offer societies, clubs, activities - all of which I failed to get involved with.

The best advice I could possibly give to a fresher is,embrace the nightlife, but embrace the daytime opportunities so much more. I intend to get much more involved next year, so as to not spend another year remembered by nights out, drinks and all the money I spent.

I've made some amazing friends, laughed a lot, cried a little, learned a few lessons and managed to successfully get a mixture of 1st's, 2:1's and 2:2's. I'd say that I didn't reach my potential on my course, let alone exceed it, but I have had a truly great year. It's gone by far too fast, but I'm looking forward to next year so much; living in my first house with friends, a second year at university, working harder, getting more involved and hopefully a chance to go to Thailand next year to teach English.

My main aim next year is to simply get involved. There's so many opportunities that arise at university and I've been a fool not to embrace all that it has to offer.

In reality, it's only 3 years of your life and the first has flown by, so don't take what's on offer for granted and whilst I still have the chance to do things next year, if I could go back I'd definitely get more involved. 
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥