Monkey Nutrition: Primal26 Whey Protein Isolate Review*

By Unknown - 22:52

As of late, I haven't been going to the gym due to my final deadlines at university and making a move to Nottingham, but what better way to get me back into it than a new batch of protein? 

I've never strayed from the protein almost everyone I know buys, I won't mention any names because that's not who I'm here to talk about, but for my time at university said brand has always had awesome deals and a cheeky 10% student discount. But now, I'm a big grown up graduate, and Monkey Nutrition seems like a good place to start on my mission to find a delicious protein packed powder. 

So here's the first things you should know about Primal26 Whey Protein Isolate:

Serving size: 1 scoop = 30g
Servings per container: 14

Nutrional Information
Calories: 110                       Vitamin A: <1%
Total fat: 0g                         Vitamin C: <1%
     Saturated: 0g                   Calcium: 4%
     Trans: 0g                         Iron: <1%
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 150mg                    Ingredients:
Potassium: 380mg                Whey protein isolate, natural and artificial flavours, xanthan gum, stevia 
Total carbs: 1g                      and soy lecithin.
Dietary fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 26g

If you hadn't noticed, this product is packed with protein! In my opinion, it makes it pretty guilt free especially if you're cutting fat and sugar! And it's a whole lot of protein compared to others on the market. 


Taste: I had the French Vanilla flavour and it's quite sweet for my tastes but if you have a sweet tooth and you're looking to cut out sugar than this is sure to help your cravings! There's a total of three flavours: Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry. So if you're looking for some fun and adventurous flavours, this probably isn't the one for you. But if you're looking for a tasty and protein filled shake, you're sure to enjoy Primal26. 

It recommends to mix the powder with 250-325ml of water, in my opinion this made the taste even sweeter so I tried it with milk and it had a better flavour that wasn't as sickly sweet. I also tried it with 150ml of water which had a similar affect as the milk. 

Mixability: No one wants a lumpy shake and, using the Monkey Nutrition shaker, I found it mixed incredibly well. Using a different shaker still produced a smooth shake, and I've never had one that's as smooth and easy to mix as Primal26.

Cost: £17.95 for 420g/14 scoops. So by no means is this the cheapest protein out there, but for 26g protein, zero fat and zero sugars as well as only 1g of carbs, it's well worth it if you're focusing on only looking to get more protein, without everything else, into your diet. It recommends to take one shake daily, so it may cost more than your gym membership a month, but in my opinion, if you've got the money to spend on a good quality protein packed product, I'd definitely buy it. 

£17.95 - 420g
£32.95 - 840g
£74.95 - 2270g

The one thing I love about this product is the source of BCAA's and essential amino acids which many whey protein shakes lack, often meaning if you want more in your diet, you have to buy these separately therefore costing you more money in many cases. 

I'm no pro on health and fitness, but as a consumer I recognise that this product is better than what I have previously used and considering its protein content, the source of BCAA's and essential amino acids as well as its nutritional values overall, I can really see the benefits of spending £17.95 Primal26. 

Because I am by no means a pro, have a read of this article to nerd up on whey protein and why Primal26 stands out from the crowd. Overall though, I would recommend this product and despite its price, it's really impressed me!
MissIsGoode
*I was given the Monkey Nutrition shaker and 420g of French Vanilla Primal26 in return for this review

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥