My Day Zero Challenge February 2013 - October 2015

By Unknown - 18:55

In February 2013, I challenged myself to do 101 things in 1001 days. It was like a bucket list, but now the end has been and gone and I haven't kicked said bucket *sigh of relief*.

Some of my ambitions were manageable but others took a bit of courage, effort and/or time.

When I created the post I said I hoped to have done everything by October 2015, which at the time seemed a long long way away! Alas, the end has come (though I didn't notice it had!) and not everything has been completed, but here is how I did on my 101 things in 1001 days...

Start date: 1st February 2013
End date: 30th October 2015

Total completed: 62
Total failed: 39

Personal:
1) Move into my first rented house
2) Go on a family holiday
3) Enter the Great Run in Manchester I entered this but on the day I was sent in to A&E for sinus tachycardia
4) Go for a weekend or day get away with my sister
5)  Start a savings jar
Don't use any social networking sites for an entire week
7) Keep room tidy for an entire week 
8) Do something different during the summer holidays - I went abroad in 2014 which was different for me!
9) Take photos at every event of my first year
10) Make a first year scrap book - The photos are printed and ready to go, but I've never got round to it...
11) Learn to drive - I passed on 29/10/2015 - first time - and just in time too!
12) Make a holiday scrapbook
13) Skydive
14) Make a penpal
15) Get published online somwhere other than my blog - I worked for the The Daily Touch.
16) Get a tattoo when travelling - maybe too ambitious, I didn't really travel!
17) Own a car - apparently also too ambitious, my boyfriend has a car does that count?
18) Write up my CV
19) Print off favourite photos from uni- I've printed off pretty much every photo from uni in fact!
20) Eat the extra extra hot sauce in Nandos - I can't understand why 2013 me felt the need for this to be a goal?
21) Unlike all those Facebook pages from my youth - Felt like quite an achievement, there were hundreds
22) Do a photo shoot with Rosie
Go on a girls day out with my sister and Mum
24) Take my niece on a day out
25) Go to Cambridge to visit family 

Style & Beauty:
26) Get a pedicure
27)  Get another manicure
28) Get a massage - it was only a leg massage, I'll have to pay a bit extra and get a good back one. Though my boyfriend is also talented at massages!
29) Sort out my wardrobe
30) Grow my hair to a length I'm happy with - It's well past my chest now! 
31) Buy a piece of clothing I've never owned It was a Hollister vest - I never buy branded clothing but decided one piece could enter my wardrobe and that would be quite enough

Travelling & Exploring:
32) Go abroad
Visit Amsterdam
34) Visit the Lake District again
35) Visit Michael in Nottingham - I went before & after our holiday in August 2013, again in December and look at us now, I've moved in! 
36) Stay in a London hotel
37) Go abroad with friends
38) Point to somewhere on the map of GB and plan a weekend away there
39) Go to Scotland
40) Go on a roadtrip with friends - technically the longest road trips we made were Keele to Sheffield, but we were in a car taking a trip so I'm counting it!
41) Stay in a B&B
42) Move somewhere new - I moved to Nottingham in June 2015
43) Explore more of Cornwall - I suppose I've still got plenty of time left to do this, I visited a few more places but it's a big ol' county! 
44) Find a retro cafe
45) Go to Cardiff

Health & Fitness:
46) Do a detox
47) Don't have any fast food for an entire month 
48) Don't have any fizzy drinks for a month
49) Join a sports club
50) Complete Kayla's guides - I got to week 8 but then university finished and I had no gym access for a little bit, back to it now! 
51) Start jogging
52) Find a sport I love
53) Try Yoga
54) Find a workout plan 
55) Start eating healthier
56) Attempt the 30 Day Shred - I attempted it multiple times and it was really tough, but I started to find it boring and repetitive. I would have completed it if had it kept my interest peaked!

University:
57) Get a degree (English and American Literatures) - I graduated in July 2015!
58) Print off handbooks or make own for every module at uni
59) Achieve a first in a module achieved in first year, semester one
60) Get 100% attendance in a module 
61) Get a job at uni - I got a job as a Student Ambassador!
62) Join a society - I was a part of UBT Keele and Concourse
63) Join Concourse (student run magazine at uni)
64) Publish my first article in Concourse
65) Become a student ambassador- I became a Student Ambassador for Keele University in October 2014

Sell, Save and Earn:
66) Save over £500 in a savings account in 2013 - My second year ruined this entirely
67) Continue my copper collection and cash it in at the end of 1001 days - I've continued it all throughout university but it's currently down in Cornwall so not much chance to cash it in!
68) Sell all the old clothes I no longer wear
69) Don't buy a single drink on a night out - If I did achieve this one the likely chance is I don't remember it! 
70) Get a 2013 summer job
71) Save £1 for a month
72) Sell all the books I don't need and don't plan to read again - Not only do I find it hard to let go, but for some reason no one wants to by my literature from the Victorian period?!

Purchases:
73) Buy a new camera
74) Get a passport
75) Buy presents for friends and family for at least an entire year 
76) Buy a smart phone 
77) Go on a Primark shopping spree - I've done this far too many times now
78) Fix my phone 
79) Buy Mum a giant tea pot 
80) Get a new iPod

Fun:
81) Go to a comedy gig - I went to Jack Whitehall in March 2014 - read about it here!
82) Go to a music gig - I went to see Example on 18/10/2014, I suppose all the acts that came to Keele count too!
83) Visit an aquarium
84) Visit a zoo - went on 27/04/2013 to London Zoo
85) Go to Nando's for the first time - went on 3/3/2013
86) Go to the cinema 10 times - #1. - 3/3/2013 - A Good Day To Die Hard #2. - 25/04/2013 - Iron Man 3 #3. May/2013 - Fast and Furious 6 #4. - 13/06/2013 - Hangover III #5. - 24/08/2013 - 2 Guns #6. - 28/05/2014 - Maleficent #7. 15/10/2014 - Annabelle.
87) Go to the theatre
88) Visit Stoke's monkey sanctuary - Visited on 1/06/2014 - read about it here!
89) Go make pottery in Stoke

Blogging:
90) Join postcrossing and send 10 postcards around the world
91) Go to my first blogger event
92) Join in with more blog link ups - I joined in with a few over the years but they're not really my thing now! 
93) Do the A-Z blog challenge - check it out here! Excuse the tardy look of these old posts, since my blog has been updated a lot of my old posts don't quite fit in! 
94) Reach 10,000 hits on my blog - Reached on 14/04/2013 - and now I'm also at 100,000!
95) Choose a new theme for my blog
96) Blog about getting fit

Charity & Giving:
97) Set up a reoccurring donation 
98) Do Race for Life 2013
99) Send a care package to a friend or family member
100) Do a charity bake sale
101) Donate to a small charity

It's pretty apparent that my flaws lie in travelling and unsurprisingly, saving money and selling things that I no longer have any use for. Since February 2013 I've achieved quite a lot. The highlights are obviously getting a degree and passing my driving test but now it's time to look ahead to the future. Keep an eye out for my next Day Zero Challenge - I thought the things on this list were a challenge but boy, now I'm in twenties I can't imagine what challenges lay ahead of me! 
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Loving that past you thought that Nandos extra spicy sause was a challenge, still though you managed more than you failed so I'd chalk that up as a win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I was running out of ideas, though I'm not very good with spicy food so it would have been quite an achievement! Haha! Thank you I'm going with that too!

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥