This Week's Reads #1

By Unknown - 18:27

I always end up having a big Bloglovin' catch up on the weekends when I'm not working, and there was two weeks worth of blogs to catch up on after working last weekend. Whilst having a good read through the many brilliant posts, I came across one entitled Share The Love by Belle from The Life & Times of Belle, who you can check out here
Now I thought this post was brilliant. Belle has relayed the posts that she enjoyed reading the most recently, and I really hope she doesn't mind me doing this too because I thought how lovely it was to show appreciation for other bloggers and the work we all do. Over the past few months I've not always felt motivated to continue blogging or to read posts from others but I've been really getting back into it lately. I've just had to remind myself that you can't blog and just expect people to compliment and comment if you don't put the effort in too. I love reading blog posts from other people and find them inspiring in so many ways. So, inspired by Belle, I'm sharing the blog posts from the past week that I've read during my Bloglovin' catch up that I reckon you should check out too. 

First and foremost, of course, is the very post I was just speaking about from Belle, Share the Love. To me there's nothing better than seeing people appreciate others in the blogging community when sometimes it can feel like a very self-centered and competitive place when you're not engaging in it as much, or even when you are on occasions. Nonetheless, a brilliant post and thank you for the inspiration. 

Next up is a blogger whose food I always admire and I suppose, desire (if that's not too weird to say). Cathryn from Little Paper Swans shared a recipe post for some divine looking Chocolate tarts for Valentines. If only I ever really got the chance to bake! 

I also got to see some beautiful sights from many of the travel bloggers I follow whilst catching up on my reading this weekend. Hannah from We Are Dannah shared some absolutely stunning images this week of her trip to Brazil. It's part of a new series she's starting called 'Re-Visited' and I seriously cannot wait to see more throwbacks documenting her travels. Certainly gets those wanderlust feels going!

I got note taking when reading Karolina's latest post on her blog Astral Lane all about growing your hair long and healthy. Now I've got the long bit down to a tee...but the healthy? Not so much. I'm definitely going to make use of her tips!

Another traveller got me feeling envious as I sat in my bed looking out at the pouring rain in Britain, and she wasn't the last either. Hannah from Dainty and Ivory has been keeping all her readers up to date with her Trek America adventures, and the latest post at Zion National Park takes us to some dizzying heights with some beautiful photos. 

Daniela, from Endless Dreams is a blogger who I've followed since I started blogging and I always enjoy reading her posts. She's an incredibly intelligent person and a brilliant writer. One of her latest posts is all about Tricks to get Better Grades and I think the advice she gives is spot on. So to my student followers, go check her blog out! 

I feel like I'm the only one still in England right now with this miserable weather because Sam from What I Know Now is on the move too, documenting her travels in Sri Lanka. She's currently there doing some amazing work (which she can't talk about for confidentiality reasons) and is blogging about exploring Sir Lanka and getting involved in the culture. It looks like an amazing experience. 

Last but by no means least is one slightly more personal to me and my family. I honestly got a bit emotional reading the latest update from my sister, Cupcake Mumma, about how my niece has requested to be taken out of the social media sphere. Whilst it'll be sad to no longer see photos of her all over my sisters blog, I'm so proud of the person she's becoming and that she's made this decision all by herself. Though it doesn't only make me so proud of my niece, but also of the amazing mother my sister is, if I'm half the mother that she is when I'm older, I'll be very pleased. 

I want to thank all the bloggers out there who work hard to create some amazing content, and if you love to share you favourite bloggers work around too, leave me some links to your most recent blogger-appreciation posts. I'd love to check them out!
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yay - I'm so glad that you took inspiration from my post! I think it's so important to spread the blog love to combat the negativity that sometimes infiltrates blog-land! Can't wait to read these posts that you shared :)

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I read yours, it was definitely the sort of thing I needed to see! Whilst I love blogging I do feel like I've got a bit absorbed in just writing the posts and expecting the views as of late and your post really reminded me that that's not what it's about at all! Thanks to your post I've been blogging and reading blogs all day long :) I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the mention =) I have so many blog posts to catch up with on bloglovin but it is so nice to discover new blogs and see bloggers sharing the love. =)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥