Race for Life

By Unknown - 17:16

It's that time of year again when the weathers improving - I swear, it is - and there's nothing better than getting a little exercise! But what's better than exercising for your own health? Well, exercising for another's too of course!

Last year I completed Truro's Race for Life in July with my Mum, sister and my (at the time) 4 year old niece. We ran in the morning, on a sunny day, in pink pyjamas. When I say ran, I mean a spot of light jogging, then a lot of walking, maybe a quick pace here and there, but we had a four year old with us, ya know, us athletes had to hold back. 
Race for Life, like any charity, is for a great cause. Cancer causes devastation, whether it's a victory you experience, or worse, a loss, somewhere along the line it hurts not only the person who has it, but the people who love and cherish that person too. There's no reason for cancer, no like, no love, simply no need for it, but that doesn't stop it being here. Cancer research has been progressing for years and yes we may not have the cure, but it's helped saved the lives of two of my aunts, and so many other people out there. Those who have experienced overcoming cancer, whether first hand or not, can understand the peace it can bring to anyone involved. 

That's why, this year, like last, and just as I intend to do in future years, I'll be running the Race for Life, with my Mum, sister and now 5 year old niece (she even understands the cause it's going to, and absolutely loves to help people). This year we won't be running in pink pyjamas, maybe tutus or other wacky outfits, but all in all we'll be running to raise money for the continuing research that helps saves lives. 

We'll be running on the 14th of July, so please support Race for Life by donating here. Any donation, big or small, can make the world of difference, so thank you.
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I 'ran' the race for life 10k last year, in Cardiff. It really is a great day. Unfortunately being a rather large lady, I knackered up my body! I ended up in casualty the next day.......
    Needless to say, I shan't be doing it again, but definately support others. My mum is a survivor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10k?! bloomin' heck I'd never try that haha! Hope you're all fixed up now! It's a shame when trying to do something good you end up injuring yourself! Veru glad to hear she made it through! x

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥