Homesick at University

By Unknown - 15:01

For the first time since I moved to Keele, today, I feel truly homesick. I wanted to go for a walk but the country lanes around here aren't Cornwall. I just imagined all the routes I'd take back home when I needed some head space and instead took an hour long walk along a big road and just sat in a field thinking about everything. Cornwall doesn't have the night life that I get here in Keele, and whilst Keele is my home at the moment, today it truly doesn't feel like home.

I've began to miss my friends back home, mostly Charlie. We've known each other since year 3 and we've grown distant along the way but we're best friends still and we're always there for each other. I could do with Charlie, noodles, a cup of tea and The Sims, that'd be perfect.
We went on a trip to London in 2009 with our secondary school, I loved London but it was also one of the moments I realised I could never live in a city. Not even Keele has got enough countryside to satisfy me.

Last week I said I'm more than happy to wait 12 weeks to go home whilst some of my block have already been and plan to go again. It's hard when everyone's popping in and out and the most I've got are phone calls and Skype. Going home right now would be a hassle, the cost, the travelling, the fact I could only spend a few days there, but then again it'd be worth it just to see Porthleven, the beach, the places I go for walks, to see my family, my sister and her family.

I miss people more than I expected, I'm making all these new friends and I love it. We are like a big family up here, but nothing can replace what's back home.

And right now, the only place I want to be is walking in the country lanes near my house, with no idea where the next road leads to.
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥