Unhealthy Habits Formed at University

By Unknown - 14:07

So, we're on the edge of entering week 11 and I honestly can't believe how fast it has flown by! In two weeks time I'll be making my eleven hour trip back to Cornwall, ready for Christmas and hopefully ready to start work at Sainsbury's again - which also means I still won't be graced by some lovely home cooked dinners because I'll be doing the evening shifts instead!

It is crazy coming to terms with the fact that I've lived away from home for 10 weeks now - and most likely like a lot of freshers here, it's the longest time I've been away from home. I have definitely become lazier since I've been here, I can't imagine how I managed to wake up at 6:30am every morning and get ready for college. I only see 6:30 in the morning if I've been on a night out and have enough adrenaline and alcohol in me to stay awake - but with our new habit of 'post-drinking' we can usually make it. Definitely says something about what student life has done to my sleeping pattern...

I think there's a variety of ways people live as a student, I highly doubt mine is remotely unique, there's plenty of people I see who go out as much as me and some of my block.

I don't think I eat as well up here either, but to be fair I think I've gone from different ends of the spectrum. At home, on a normal college day, I wouldn't eat breakfast because it felt too early, I would sometimes get lunch - only if I had someone to eat with, and then I'd either get my own, pick at my (ex) boyfriend's, or share a meal with my friend Charlie. And dinner was always on the table because I usually cooked it! Now, I have three meals a day - even if the day starts at 1pm. I tend to eat in the early hours of the morning on a night out, or even sometimes a night in. I've had a far few takeaways and I've eaten a lot of pizza.

I think it's tough to control what you eat - you control your money so therefore the food you buy. Even on a shopping trip out we'll pop into McDonald's or Subway for a bite to eat - Subway I used to rarely eat at, McDonald's I used to refuse to eat at. I snack more out of boredom, but I never have 'snacky' food so my snacks tend to turn in to meals...oops.

Uni has appeared to make a huge difference to my lifestyle - the only exercise I get is the 15 minute walk from here to uni and drunken dancing. I'd advise to keep an eye on what you eat if you really want to look out for your health, I hope to not live next semester as I have in this. Not that it's been a bad one, I've loved every minute of it!
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥