The Best Student Bank Account

By Unknown - 15:47

As many of you will know when you become a student, you'll benefit greatly from getting yourself a student bank account. As a way to help you decide which bank will best suit your needs, I've condensed the most popular student accounts in to this here post, because I feel like being lovely.

Banks often change what they offer with a student bank account yearly, so this is correct for the 2014-2015 student bank accounts. 

I'll only cover the basics of what each student account offers, to see more click on the banks name.

Mobile, internet and telephone banking
Debit card
Interest-free overdraft of up to £1000 in your first year, £1250 in second year and £1500 in third year
Fraud and suspicious activity alerts
Tastecard membership
Emergency cash

Mobile, internet and telephone banking
Debit card
Interest-free overdraft of up to £1500 in years one to three and up to £2000 in years four to six
Lloyds bank student credit card (Remember to read into this thoroughly though!)

Mobile, internet and telephone banking
Personalised contactless debit card
Interest-free overdraft of up to £2000 for the length of your course
Maximum overdraft of £3000 (over £2000 8.9% interest pa)

Mobile, internet and telephone banking
Contactless debit card
Instant £500 interest-free overdraft at account opening
Interest-free overdraft of up to £3000
Credit interest on first £1000 in your account
£60 Amazon voucher

Mobile and online banking
Contactless debit card
Interest-free overdraft of up to £1500 in years one to five and £2000 in year five
4 year 16-25 Railcard

Mobile, internet and telephone banking
Personalised debit card
Interest-free overdraft for the length of your course and for an extra year after you graduate
Commisson-free foreign currency and traveller's cheques

They literally do everything
Online and telephone banking
Debit card
Interest-free overdraft of up to £1400 in year 1 and £2000 in year 3

Your choice of student account is really dependant on you, so choose wisely!

Note: In most cases you'll have to activate your overdraft, this will usually entailing visiting your bank, making an overdraft request and them assessing whether or not you'll get one. In most cases, you will.
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is such an interesting post. My Student account is with Natwest and so far it has been fantastic! Don't forget the free railcard too! What's the 'tastecard' though? I haven't heard of that one...
    xx
    Celia @ celiasantics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Natwest too and they no longer do the railcard from what I've looked into! They've continued it for students from previous years but the 'Tastecard' has replaced the railcard, not cool!

      Thank you!
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Nooo, seriously?! It was the only reason I joined Natwest! What a shame :(
      x

      Delete
    3. I know it's the same reason I did too! Cheeky off them tweeting me and suggestion I buy one for myself :p x

      Delete
  2. I ended up going for Santander purely because they give you 3 years after you finish to pay your overdraft back! The rail card is perfect for me as I'll be coming home at weekends xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for Natwest simply because I was already with them, last year they offered rail cards too so seemed like a good choice. But this year, I'd had definitely gone for Santander, they seem the best by far! xx

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥