Life | Satisfaction

By Unknown - 16:13

Day 8: A moment you felt most satisfied with your life

I sat here for a while thinking about what this moment could possibly be, and I came to the conclusion that it's now. It surprises me a little but when I really think about it, I've never been more satisfied with my life than I am now, there's only one thing I'd change and that's my finances, but they'll get sorted in time.

So, why is life so satisfying right now?

My health is probably at the best it's ever been. I've never been unhealthy as such, but in the past I never used to eat a lot and exercised a bit too much, and when I look back, I was miserable with how I looked because it was never good enough. Now, I eat what ever I want, but never in excess and I'm at the gym 4-6 times a week. I can run on the treadmill for an hour with a few seconds break every 10 minutes of so, which is a real achievement for me considering I turned down the chance to run in a relay we were guaranteed to win in Year 6 because I hated running so much. I'll forever be jealous of those little tacky medals my friends won for that race, because they all did it together, and I was simply too stubborn to join my three friends in our final race together.

My education is going pretty damn well if I do say so myself, but there's always room for improvement. I got my results back a few weeks ago from my first semester of second year and got 2:1's and first's across the board, which I was so proud of because there wasn't a 2:2 in sight! I'm hoping to get a 2:1 overall when I complete my degree and if I keep up the work I've been doing, I think I'll manage it. Two years ago I didn't even want to come to university and it took quite a bit to convince me, and quite a few people too. And look where I am now, half way through and really enjoying it.

I'm starting to realise the importance of my friends more than ever. I have a bad habit of taking people for granted sometimes but the girls I have up here at Keele and the girls I have back home mean the absolute world to me. As well as others who are dotted around England too. They won't know it because I'm useless at showing them I appreciate them, but I know how easily friends can be lost because I've lost plenty in the past, and don't want to lose any more, because I have a great bunch of friends.

I've got what feels like a perfect relationship right now. 'Perfection doesn't exist' blah blah blah. And nope, I guess it doesn't, but it feels pretty damn close to it. I've never felt so happy with someone, and so settled. He winds me up and I do the same to him, but we're happy. I can't wait for him to come down to Cornwall in Easter and experience my life by the sea side!

My family have been great at supporting me with Thailand by donating and selling lots of things they no longer need and I appreciate it so much. I've had family sending me money and donating it online and feel really blessed to have such great support. And I can't wait to see my nuclear family next month, and be back on Cornish soil for a proper Cornish Pasty and a cream tea!

I'm going on the trip of a life time in less than 5 months. It may not be the trip of a life time for some, and despite the fact I've had to cancel almost every plan I've made this year due to money and the cost of funding Thailand, I know it'll all be worth it once I get there.

Now here's a chilled out, satisfied pooch to remind everyone to have a mellow day! I'm now off to Manchester to see Jack Whitehall's stand up tour...another thing that makes me realise how great life is right now!

When did you feel most satisfied with your life?

This post is part of my 30 Day Writing Challenge, check it out here.
MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm very excited for your trip! I still remember that feeling of stepping onto my first international flight into the unknown, both terrifying and thrilling :) Thailand is an amazing place, and you're going to have the time of your life - eating the food, riding elephants, lying on the beach... Can't wait to read your entries on the experience. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dread to think of the way I'll be feeling when I first get to the airport...well most likely dread haha! Ah I'd love to hear more about your experience of it! I've head so many great things :) I'll try get as much detail as possible! xx

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥