Life | B is for Bargain - A Dress for the Ball

By Unknown - 18:44

I've been searching around for a few months now for a perfect dress for our 'Midsummer Nights Dream' themed humanities ball and finally I think I've found something! Many of the dresses I looked at were so bloomin' expensive that my dwindling budget just couldn't be stretched, and whilst I wanted to spurlge a bit on something pretty, I just had to keep searching until I found something in my price range. So I stuck to my guns and carried on searching and finally, I found this:

The photos just don't do it justice! 

I absolutely love the design around the bust and waist, it's exactly what I was looking for. It's not entirely in keeping with the theme of the ball but never mind! The colour hasn't come out quite right here due to the background I had to use, but it's described as 'blush' and I think it's gorgeous. I don't usually wear shades of pink but it appears to be a colour that is becoming more prevalent in my wardrobe. The dress is actually floor length (the PicMonkey collage was having a battle with me about getting it to show the whole image - so I apologise!) and perfect in my opinion because paired with some lovely heels it still just about brushes on the floor. I often find with many floor length dresses once you team them with a pair of heels they skim way above you toes and I just prefer them to still fall to the floor. 

The absolute best thing about this dress is definitely the price I got it for. After expecting to not find anything lovely and decent below my £20 - £30 budget, I found this for a fiver! YES five whole pounds. I couldn't believe it when I saw it and I just bought it straight away. When I woke up the next morning they were all out of stock, so I'm chuffed! And the even more surprising thing about this dress is that it's actually from Tesco's F&F line. Yup I bought a dress for a ball from Tesco for a fiver, have I any shame? Nope! Not when it looks like this and only cost me a few quid! The fabric hasn't been skimped on either and I find it lovely and soft to touch. Maybe it's not the most extravagant of ball gowns, but I love it and can't wait to wear it! 

Having you found any bargains lately?

MissIsGoode

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. A FIVER?! God, that is a serious bargain! I genuinely think it looks like a really expensive dress! Can't believe it's from tesco.. that's amazing! I need to take you shopping with me ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I never buy clothes from supermarkets usually because I just don't like the quality, but this is really nice! We deffo need to go shopping! xxx

      Delete
  2. LOVE THAT DRESS!!!!!! I love a bargain too. Stopping in from A-Z

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥