Suffering not so Silently

By Unknown - 15:24

I kid, I'm not quite suffering. 

I have one last exam left before freedom, however, this one's proving to be a real struggle. It's a seen exam - pfft easy I hear you say - it's really not. English exams are so bloody abstract it's never that easy. There's no right or wrong answer as it were. Aside from discussing how the characters within Oliver Twist perform to survive and how feelings and sensations are performed within Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnets from the Portuguese, I've also got to find some fancy critics to back up my argument. They never say exactly what I want them to. 

My pharmacist boyfriend suggested I just make up names and make my fake critics say exactly what I want them to...the way this revision's going that seems like a spiffing idea. You can tell he's not used to writing essays where your opinion means jack all.

With the amount of names of characters and critics I've been collecting in my brain, I'm not even sure if these lads and lasses are actually people within my life, or just those I've read about. Let's just go ahead and conclude my brain's beyond fried...can someone hand me an alcoholic beverage now?

Welcome to my den. I actually tidied it a bit for you all - believe it or not. Ignore the giant blue bucket, it's for fundraising purposes! And also ignore the burn marks on my lampshade...I didn't set fire to it by accident. 

The XX are kindly helping me not suffer in complete silence, but their relaxing tunes are really making me sleepy. This coffee needs more coffee in it.


Good luck to everyone during this coming exam week. I'm definitely going to need refreshers week when this is all over!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Good luck for your exam Issy! I hate exams and luckily I don't have to do any so I really admire those that do, I'm sure you will do brilliantly. I love the XX, the helped me through my essays too! Paige xo | A Paige At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Exams are truly awful aha, thank you. They are rather fabulous :) x

      Delete
  2. I hope the revision goes well! Good Luck, you'll be fine.

    Great blog by the way

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It wasn't too bad in the end :)

      Thank you :)

      x

      Delete
  3. (Im happy you commented on my post, thankyou, it really cheered me up!) And that exam sounds awful but I hope it went well ;) I'm just really shit at exams anyway so I bet it wasn't that bad! Wish you all the best :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it cheered you up! Ah it didn't go too bad, I'll find out how it really went at the end of Feb. I get into a bit of a panic tbh! Thank you :) xxx

      Delete

I always appreciate and love reading comments from you lovely lot, so comment away and don't forget to leave your links too! ♥